Wednesday 13 July 2011

High Heel Damage and Wooden Floors....What Can I Do ?

Hello and Welcome to another WFR Blog Post.


Today's question is a contentious issue which happens every day to someone's Wooden Floor, follow a few of the following simple steps and it may not happen to you.... 


The question is..."High Heel damage to my wood floors, what can i do ??"


The quick answer is Not alot the damage caused by High Heels can be really bad, I myself have seen indents of well over 5mm into a hardwood floor, this kind of damage cannot easily be sorted out.



High heels concentrate a person’s weight on a small point (estimate: 125lb person = approximately 2,000lbs per inch when taking a normal step). This kind of force can damage many types of flooring, fracturing ceramic tiles and perforating vinyl, as well as denting wooden floors. While high heels in good repair may not damage wood floors, we recommend a ‘no high heel’ policy.


NEVER feel guilty about asking your friends to take off their high heels on entering your home, better that than having marks and indents all over your wood floor....


We have Sanded and Refinished numerous wooden floors of various species that have had high heel damage, very often the marks are removed during the floor sanding processes, but sometimes these marks CANNOT be removed with floor sanding as the indents are just too deep, these indents can be filled with a gap filling mixture, but its likely that you will still be able to see the indents, but to a much lesser degree, sometimes this is the best option.



  • As I mentioned earlier, if people are coming into your home with high heels on, politely ask them to take them off, A NO HIGH HEELS policy will keep your wood floors looking good for many years.....
  • If you wear high heels around your own home make sure the heel tips are in good repair, heels without tips are almost certain to cause damage.....
  • Damaged wooden floors are not easily repaired, consult a professional for advice if you are in any doubt.



Thanks for reading......We'll be back soon.


Checkout our website at Woodfloor-renovations



4 comments:

  1. very nice web blog, it's perfect web page ......
    Flooring Contractors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any idea about magiglides? I purchase some online because I thought this will help me prevent scratches on my classy floor and I think I made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wooden floor gets withered with time I am considering to repair it. But don't have any idea what and how much it takes.

    Wood floor repairs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right. I see nothing wrong with asking politely because it is really hard to repair wooden floor when greatly damaged. I am sure they will understand.

    http://www.styledirectfurniture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions or comments kindly leave them here....